Job Title: Senior Developer Job Description
Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures. Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
As a mandatory prerequisite for this position, a Senior Developer must meet or surpass Senior Level Technical and Job Experience criteria as defined in the Development profile.
In addition, it is recommended that the Senior Developer:
- Is or is becoming a recognized expert in specific areas related to software development.
- Understands and can speak to all aspects of the software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.).
Combines an accomplished technical resume with the capabilities necessary for instructing, influencing, and otherwise enabling engineers to achieve company, project, and team related goals (as they relate to technology).
The demonstrated capabilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Shows appetite and aptitude for owning responsibility of technical decisions and direction for one or many projects/teams.
- Aptly manages team demands on his/her time and shows willingness/ability to delegate technical execution or responsibilities when appropriate.
- Acts as a liaison or primary point of contact for communicating with client side technical expertise.
- Directs technical aspect of operations related to escalated client accounts or high severity issues as they affect or confront a project or team.
- Attends to both business and technical considerations when designing solutions to project/team or company related issues.
- Demonstrates interest in improving the company’s technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the business.
- Participates in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development.
- Provides thought-leadership as it relates to emerging technologies and readying our company and engineers for productively integrating the same into our business.