Understanding Form-Based Data Collection
Form-based data collection is at the core of any modern organization. Complementary to other data collection methods (such as automated or data scraping methods), form-based data collection is the simplest and most flexible. Some use cases involving data collection in organizations are:
Surveys & Polls
Internal: Conducted within the organization to measure engagement at work and organizational climate. External: Conducted towards customers/partners/community typically used to measure consumer satisfaction, market analysis, and research.
Trait-facet evaluations & assessments.
360 evaluations, psychometrics, personality profiles, self-reported assessments, performance reviews.
Quizzes and exams.
Form evaluations with scoring criteria and individual or group analysis. Common applications are course assessments, internal policy evaluations, recruitment flows.
Used in job applications, on-boarding flows.
The Cosmic Latte Approach
In mid-sized to large organizations, these dataflows are usually fragmented across multiple tools that often require the user to input similar data unnecessarily, making this procedure exhausting and demotivating. The final data collection itself is fragmented and primarily unavailable in its purest form, missing valuable information. Cosmic Latte implements an organization-centric approach that empowers all users across the organization to implement their data collection flows. It does so regardless of organizational complexity in a transparent and very flexible manner. It can be set up across business units and audiences while covering single user requirements, all within a single platform. Additionally, it provides essential and advanced analysis tools, full data retention, data cross-tabulation capabilities, and integration mechanisms to third-party systems and infrastructure.
How Does It Work?
Cosmic Latte is a product of the Jala Foundation’s Research Program and R&D initiatives. It is a simple data acquisition, retention, and analysis platform covering most traditional data collection flows modern organizations demand.
The platform is available as a cloud service and a self-hosted or in-premises solution integrated with existing infrastructure.
Data collection can use a form-based approach that relies on multiple data collectors fully supported for web and mobile clients.
- Flexible inventory design for surveys, forms, evaluations, and quizzes.
- 15+ configurable answer collectors, including open text, multiple-choice, file attachments, dates, date and time, geolocation, credit cards.
- Support for rich-text questions, options, and instructions. This includes paragraphs, bold, italic, images, tables, links, math formulas, code, etc.
- Support for timed and scheduled inventories.
- Export/import inventories.
- Support for integration with identity management per/tenant. (Compatible with 360ID platform)
- Support for local user accounts.
- User and role management within the application or centralized with 360ID.
SCHEDULING AND NOTIFICATIONS
- Support for multi-inventory / multi-evaluator scheduling.
- Support for batch notifications.
- Flexible notification templates.
- Support for different notifications channels (Mail, SMS, Whatsapp, Jalatalk, etc.)
RESULTS AND DATA ANALYSIS
- Support for custom result scaling.
- Web view for real-time results view (accessible through a public URL)
- Configurable Dashboard
- Exportable questions and answers using CSV
- Batch results analysis and reports.
- Aggregated results per inventory, evaluations groups, or scheduling groups that different criteria can filter.
- Simple group-based analysis and reports using percentiles, histograms, and PCA/clustering visualization.
Examples of Use Cases Cosmic Latte
Cosmic Latte can cater to companies across various industries. Here we mention some specific examples.
Medium sized companies
Online exams for educational institutions
Advanced integration use cases
- Scheduling and analyzing 360 evaluations for different business units and employee profiles (Development, QA, automation, management, leadership, UI / UX, and product development).
- Scheduling and analysis of Human Development (HD) evaluations for Fluid reasoning, human values, verbal reasoning and personality profiles.
- Data collection for Recruiting including candidate information, aptitude tests, document collection.
- Performance reviews in several areas.
- Course quality assessment and teacher evaluation.
- Company-wide surveys and exams for general purpose topics. For example, security awareness evaluations.